The vessel was designed by Judel/Vrolijk & Co – Hamburg construction group, which designed, among others, Gemini, MK Café and MK Café Premium 24 and the Alinghi yaht, the winner of America’s Cup.
This group’s constructions are one of the best in the world.
It was designed and built for an ease of use, the safety of the crew and the pleasure of fast sailing. A very light carbon, wing profiled rotating mast and a special keel with led bulb allow fast and safe sailing on all routes. The yacht is virtually impossible to turn over its simplicity of construction makes it very easy to prepare for transport on a specially designed trailer.
This is the construction that the team on the “Volkswagen” yacht used while winning over 30 sailing competitions in 2002-2004, such as:
- Polish Championship 2003, 2004
- Polish Cup 2002, 2003, 2004
- Polish Grand Prix (Match Racing formula) 2002, 2003, 2004
- The hull is made in sandwich technology: herex, fibreglass, resin and gelcoat polyester, in accordance with the JV24 One Design class regulations.
- The bulb is made of led and fixed underneath the keel to a special stainless steel frame that goes along the whole length of the keel and is mounted to a stop plate, which is also adapted to lift ballast.
- Both the rudder and the keel are made of fibreglass and epoxy resin.
- Harken and Spinlock deck fittings are mounted according to the JV24 One Design class regulations.
- The wing-profiled rotating mast, the boom and the bowsprit are made of carbon prepregs using pressure and moulding methods.
|mast height||965 cm|
|carbon rotating mast wing profile|